We are Ms. Ungurait and Mrs. Braxton, your school counselors!
The Rocky Fork school counseling department is to provide a safe, positive, and empowering learning environment in which scholars are able to reach their fullest potential. We support our scholars directly by teaching classroom guidance lessons, working with scholars on an individual level, and by conducting small groups! In partnership with teachers, administrators, families and a caring community, we work to ensure scholars receive assistance in mastering their academic, social/emotional, and college and career goals.
Our school counseling program is driven by the Tennessee State Board of Education School Counseling Model and Standards. Please use the link below to view the standards and model that we align our program implementation with. The Tennessee Comprehensive School Counseling Model
Our beliefs for RFE scholars are:
- All scholars can achieve and meet high standards that will result in success.
- All scholars have the right to be served by the school counseling program.
- All scholars’ gender, ethnic, cultural, and racial differences and special needs are considered in the planning and implementation of the school counseling program.
- School counselors must advocate for each scholar and act as a leader in the building and school district.
- The school counseling program will be preventative in nature and developmentally appropriate to best meet the needs of the scholars.
- Scholar needs can be best met through a data-driven comprehensive school counseling program in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Applying the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors empowers school counselors to make decisions based on the highest moral principles to promote the maximum development of every scholar.